Pub quizzes are an excellent way to challenge yourself and have a great time with friends. Whether you prefer testing your general knowledge or enjoy a good laugh with funny questions, there's something for everyone. So, next time you gather for a pub quiz night, make sure to include a mix of general knowledge and funny questions to keep the excitement going. Remember, it's not just about the answers but the joy of learning and sharing laughter together. Below we've listed over 40 funny pub quiz questions, that are eccentric, quirky and outside the box.
1. What iWhat phrase is inscribed on the tombstone of Mel Blanc? - Answer: That's All Folks (he was the voice of Bugs Bunny)
2. In which country are the only cashpoints in the world that can be used in Latin? - Answer: The Vatican City
3. What is the longest gap between the birth of twins? 87 minutes, 87 hours, or 87 days? - Answer: 87 days
4. Allegedly which world lea - Answer: The Vatican City
5. What is the longest gap between the birth of twins? 87 minutes, 87 hours, or 87 days? - Answer: 87 days
6. Allegedly which world leader bowled a perfect 300 game on his first attempt, struck 11 holes in one on one round of golf and could drive at the age of three? - Answer: Kim Jong Un
7. How many times did Sherlock Holmes say "Elementary, my dear Watson" across all Arthur Conan Doyle books? - Answer: 0
8. Which famous cartoon character's real first name is Minerva? - Answer: Minnie Mouse
9. Who was the first US President with a criminal record to be elected? - Answer: George W Bush
10. Which classic children's book was the result of an editor's bet that the author couldn't write a book using fewer than 50 different words? - Answer: Green Eggs and Ham
11. What is the name of the project by Boeing that uses potatoes to test Wi-Fi functionality on aircraft, also known as Synthetic Personnel Using Dialectic Substitution? - Answer: SPUDS
12. Appropriately, or perhaps unfortunately, in which town in the UK is the Dyslexia Research Trust based? - Answer: Reading
13. What is the name of the only vegetable that is also a part of a flower?
- Answer: Broccoli
14. In second grade, which former USA president punched his music teacher in the face?
- Answer: Donald Trump
15. Golfer Phil Mickelson is known as FIGJAM in reference to his readiness to publicize his own ability. What does FIGJAM stand for?
- Answer: F*ck I'm Good, Just Ask Me
16. What is the national animal of Scotland?
- Answer: The unicorn
17. What's the largest organ in the human body?
- Answer: The skin
18. What do you call the fear of long words?
- Answer: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
19. The shortest war in history between Zanzibar and the U.K. in 1896 lasted how many minutes?
- Answer: 38
20. The inventor Fredric Baur requested that his ashes be buried in which kind of famous can?
- Answer: A Pringles can (which he invented)
21. Hippos sweat is what color?
- Answer: Red
22. The world's largest snowflake on record is 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick. In which US state did it fall?
- Answer: Montana in 1887
23. What is the name of the oldest living organism on Earth?
- Answer: The Great Basin bristlecone pine tree, which is over 5,000 years old
24. How can elephants communicate with each other over a distance of up to six miles?
- Answer: Through vibrations in the ground
25. The longest word in the English language takes over three hours to pronounce. How many characters does it have?
- Answer: 189,819
26. Why do Sloths lose up to a third of their body weight each week?
- Answer: Pooping
27. What was the name of the first recorded case of a computer virus in 1971?
- Answer: The "Creeper virus"
38. The largest living single organism on Earth is a what?
- Answer: Fungus
29. What type of fruit is a banana?
- Answer: A berry
30. The shortest commercial flight in the world lasts one minute and is between which two Scottish islands?
- Answer: Westray and Papa Westray
31. Humans share how much of their DNA with bananas?
- Answer: 50%
32. Which species can regenerate and is almost immortal?
- Answer: The jellyfish (hydrozoan Turritopsis dohrnii)
33. The world's tallest living organism is which kind of tree?
- Answer: A sequoia tree (called General Sherman, which stands over 275 feet tall)
34. Which South American country created the world's largest hot dog?
- Answer: Paraguay in 2011 (203 feet)
35. What kind of animal is a "slippery dick"?
- Answer: A fish
36. Which insect can live for several weeks without its head?
- Answer: A cockroach
37. The world's largest coffee cup is over 8 feet tall. How many cups of coffee can it hold?
- Answer: 10,000 cups
38. Which English king does Humpty Dumpty refer to?
- Answer: Richard III
39. What symbol is an octopusthorpe?
- Answer: A hashtag
40. What circus apparatus was banned in Indonesia for “stimulating passion?"
- Answer: A hula hoop
41. Which animal is illegal to own in Queensland Australia, unless you’re a magician?
- Answer: A rabbit
When it comes to hosting a pub quiz, laughter is the secret ingredient that keeps the fun alive. Our collection of funny, quirky and unusual pub quiz questions is a surefire way to make your event a roaring success. These mind boggling questions and answers will have your participants laughing, bonding, and talking about the quiz long after it's over. So, get ready to bring the house down with laughter and create an unforgettable quiz experience that will leave everyone wanting more.
Want to be notified when we post new quizzes? Sign-up to our community here: https://www.bucketrace.com/sign-up
If you're looking for printable versions of quizzes like this, check out our Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BucketRaceGames?ref=seller-platform-mcnav§ion_id=44097490
If you're looking for some entertainment now, why not challenge yourself to some of our free quizzes here: https://www.bucketrace.com/blog/categories/quizzes
Finally, if you're looking for a professionally organised virtual pub quiz experiences, consider checking out our private and public Virtual Pub quizzes. Our quizzes are packed with fun questions and games, which you can play from the comfort of your own sofa! And we offer a variety of themes to choose from. So why not gather your friends and family and join in on the fun?: https://www.bucketrace.com/game-catalogue/the-fat-big-quiz-of