Covid 19 Safety Policy
SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY
We take the well-being of our clients extremely seriously and, during these uncertain times, we understand that health and safety must be our foremost priority.
To that end, we have implemented a Covid-19 Guidance Policy aimed at keeping clients and guides as safe as is possible during the current crisis.
To ensure that all our races adhere to the relevant guidelines, all our routes have been walked and risk-assessed, and we will continue to do this in order to ensure that our races can be conducted in a safe and enjoyable manner. This might mean altering the route or changing some of the content on the day, and we would ask for your understanding should this become necessary.
Obviously, having to adhere to certain rules and guidelines is not ideal, but we would ask for your co-operation in helping us to reduce any risk to yourselves, your guides, and your fellow tour participants.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Firstly, you will need to check-in using our NHS barcode. If you do not have the NHS app, you will be required to write down your full name, number, and email on our collection form. Once you have done that you will need to collect your race task list, and a task submission card, which shows you how to submit tasks to us, so we can calculate the points. Once you have collected your list, please make sure you’re not mixing with anyone outside your group of 6 and be sure to keep a distance of at least 3 meters from other groups.
1) We will stay familiar with and will abide by the most up-to-date guidance provided by the relevant health authorities to ensure that the race adheres strictly to the most recent official recommendations.
2) The number of participants in each race will be kept in line with the latest government recommended number of persons allowed to part take in outdoor sporting events. This number may well change from time to time.
3) We will avoid shaking hands or making any other physical contact with our clients at all stages of the event. When speaking with clients we will maintain the recommended social distance.
4) We will maintain rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and washing our hands and using hand sanitiser before start any of our events. We will also use hand sanitizer after touching any object.
5) All races will maintain government-recommended social distancing between the hosts and the clients at all times. Clients from different groups of 6 will be asked to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other at all times. We ask all groups to keep a distance of 3 meters. This extra meter leaves room for any error.
6) If you develop any symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste, and/or smell) then please do not attend the race. We will transfer you to another date. Please be aware that any participant who, in the host’s opinion, shows any symptoms will be asked to leave the tour as our priority at all times must be the well-being of all our clients at all times.
8) If the host develops any symptoms of Covid-19 prior to the tour, we will immediately cancel the tour and contact you to let you know this has been done. In this case, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
9) If you have had symptoms or been in contact with somebody with coronavirus in the last 14 days then please refrain from attending the event to protect yourself and others
11) All of the tasks and challenges on the handouts have been created with the government's guidelines in mind. We have to create the lists in advance, so we may make adjustments on the day in order to comply with the latest government guidance. We thank you for your understanding if we do this in advance.
12) We love creativity and our tasks and challenges can be interpreted and performed in different ways. If you think a task or challenge isn’t in line with the latest government advice then DO NOT do it or try to interpret it differently.
13) Any teams that break the government's guidance will be disqualified and earn 0 points.
14) We will still have trophies and a prize for first place; however, teams will have to come up and collect them themselves.
15) If you develop any symptoms during or after the event please follow the below steps set out by the NHS:
isolate: as soon as you experience coronavirus symptoms, medical advice is clear: you must self-isolate for at least 10 days. Anyone else in your household must self-isolate for 14 days from when you started having symptoms
test: order a test immediately at or call 119 if you have no internet access
results: if your test is positive, you must complete the remainder of your 10-day self-isolation. Anyone in your household must also complete self-isolation for 14 days from when you started having symptoms. If your test is negative, you and other household members no longer need to self-isolate
Share contacts: if you test positive for coronavirus, the NHS test and trace service will send you a text or email alert or call you with instructions of how to share details of people with whom you have had close, recent contact, and places you have visited. It is important that you respond as soon as possible so that we can give appropriate advice to those who need it. You will be told to do this online via a secure website or you will be called by one of our contract tracers.
When asked by Track and Trace who you have been in contact with please give the email address so that they can notify our team and consequently any racers who may have been affected at the event.